Monica Chaudhuri (Nee Mukhopadhyay)
Scientist - C
Specialization: Genetics & Plant Breeding.
Title of the Thesis: Genetic study of some life cycle traits of certain phenotypes of muga silkworm (Antheraea assama Ww) reared on different host plants.
Training Methods and Communication Skills organized by National Institute of
Rural Development, North-Eastern Regional Centre, Guwahati
Attended and completed
National Workshop on Application of Computers in Biological Sciences
Certificate on Direct
Trainer Skills organized by
Certificate on Design
of Training organized by
Certificate on Advance Textile Testing organized by Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textile, Govt. of India. June 26-30, 2006.
Underwent Orientation program on Castor Research in the fields of
castor Plant Breeding, Pathology, Entomology, Physiology and Agronomy at the
Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Rajendranagar,
Research papers (best 10)
· Bhowmik, P.K. Pramanik, S. and Mukhopadhyay M.
(1982). Studies on incompatibility in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) I – Effect
of different types of selfing at varied
temperature. Incompatibility Newsletter (
· Chaudhuri, M. Singh S.S. Das, B. Dhar N.J. Basumatary, B. Goswami, D. Das,
K. Barah, A. Sahu, M. Kakoty, L.N. Chatterjee, S.N.
(1999). Climatic variability in nine locations of north east
· Chauduri Monica Mukhopadhyay (2003). Studies on the relationship between silk yield, yield components and rearing environment of muga silkworm (Antheraea assama Ww), Sericologia 43(3): 349-354.
· Chaudhuri Monica Mukhopadhyay (2003). Salient genetical features of a polymorphic variant vis-à-vis the prevalent muga silkworm (Antheraea assama ww). Sericologia 44(2): 157-169.
· Chaudhuri Monica Mukhopadhyay (2008). Evaluation of impact of weather on cocoon shell weight of muga silkworm (antheraea assama ww). Sericologia 48(3): 315-322.
· Chaudhuri Monica
(nee Mukhopadhyay), P.K. Das, S.K. Sen and S.S. Singh
(2008). Quantitative estimation of some genetic contrivances resulting in
yield of muga (Antheraea assama Ww)
cocoon shells derived from chief primary host plants. Bull.
· Monica Chaudhuri (nee Mukhopadhyay), D. Chakravarty, T.K. Biswas, Asis Ghosh and A.K. Bajpai (2010).
Salient features of castor genotype RG 2824 suiting ericulture
· Chaudhuri Monica Mukhopadhyay, (2004). Quantification of impact of weather on cocoon shell weight of muga silkworm (Antheraea assama ww). Proc. Nat. Workshop on Potential and Strategies for Sustainable Development of Vanya Silks in the Himalayan States: 316-319.
· Chaudhuri (nee Mukhopadhyay), Monica, Bhat M.M. and Das, P.K. (2002). Our intellectual property right-muga silk: a comprehensive SWOT analysis. Advances in Indian Sericulture Research. (CSB Publ): 383-386.
· Chaudhuri (nee Mukhopadhyay), Monica, Goswami, Dulal, Bhat M.M. and Das, P.K. (2001). Vermiculture: a profitable accession to mugaculture. Indian Silk 39(11): 13-14.
· Chaudhuri (nee Mukhopadhyay), Monica, Das, P.K. and Singh S.S. (2002). Quantitative estimation
of genetic contrivances of egg yield in muga
silkworm (Antheraea assama
Ww) reared on chief primary host plants. Proc 4th
International Conference on Wild Silkmoths (